Verizon HTC 10 receiving new 1.19.605.22 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update
The US carrier Verizon Wireless has recently rolled out a new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for its HTC 10. This update moves build number from the shipped 1.19.605.9 (You can download the full RUU ZIP firmware file at the bottom of this article) to new 1.19.605.22.
While this is a minor update, it still brings a few important enhancements, especially it improved the phone’s camera performance and Wi-Fi connectivity. The update has also included general bug fixes and the latest Android security patch fro Google.
Verizon Wireless is currently rolling out the OTA for this new update, it may not be available since the update is in the initial stage.
Sure, if you like, you can manually check for updates:
- Go to Settings menu
- Then System Update
- Then Check for new System update
- Once a new update available, tap Download Now
- Select Install Now after the download is completed
However, before check new update, please make sure you are running on the stock 1.19.605.9 firmware version. So, the 1.19.605.9 RUU ZIP is very important for you, right?
Verizon HTC 10 1.19.605.9 RUU ZIP Download Directly
Flash RUU ZIP For Verizon HTC 10
- Rename the RUU ZIP you downloaded to new 2PS6IMG.zip
- Transfer the 2PS6IMG.zip to phone’s root folder of the external SD Card
- Boot your Verizon HTC 10 to boot loader mode
- Once you find Do you want to start update?, please select Start by using Volume UP or Volume Down
- Wait for the flashing process to finish
It’s kindly not that I haven’t tested it. At this point, the RUU ZIP isn’t a standard RUU EXE firmware file from HTC.