Verizon Galaxy S5 receiving G900VVRU2DPD1 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update
The latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update finally hit the Samsung Galaxy S5 on Verizon Wireless, which is SM-G900V for the model number. Yes, it’s time for the kind of Samsung Galaxy S7. But, you should know, the Samsung Galaxy S5 is still a fine spare.
Well, you can enjoy the latest Android Marshmallow version, that’s thing to celebrate, right?
The update is now rolling out via the OTA. One you got the update, you Verizon Galaxy S5 will be brought to new build number MMB29M.G900VVRU2DPD1.
Generally, you can find a new update notification on your S5. On this, you can also manually initiate new system update:
- Go to Settings menu
- About phone
- Software updates
- Check for Updates
- Once a new update is available, please kindly tap Download now, tap Install update after download is completed
Beyond the new build and Android version, the G900VVRU2DPD1 update includes many improvements:
- Wi-Fi Calling, it lets you make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network. Particularly it’s worth mentioning that the Wi-Fi calls to US number are free, even while traveling outside the US
- A fresh look and design like new design for App icon and folder
- New Ultra-High-Quality Audio – UHQA (Hi-Fi Audio), it takes you an improved sound quality
- Brings the supports for Android for Work
The OTA reach the phone in your hand? Maybe, you need a stock firmware version to get the latest Marshmallow update, this is for you.