Root your Huawei Mate 9 by flashing phh’s SuperUser
We talked about the popular custom recovery of Huawei Mate 9 yesterday. Now the idea is get the root access and give your Mate 9 the very best control that you can.
Before we start this root, you have to have a custom recovery installed on your Mate 9, that’s the note that has to be told.
We root Huawei Mate 9 by flashing an OpenSource SELinux-capable SuperUser called phh’s SuperUser developed by XDA senior member phhusson. In theory, the rooting method is available for these models of Mate 9 (MHA-L29, MHA-L09, MHA-AL00 and MHA-TL01), but I haven’t tested them. You should realize any journey into the unknown holds a certain level of inherent risk. In other words, rooting your Huawei Mate 9 comes with some risk. Of course, you know, the rewards are great, such as delete built-in applications.
So, you are getting it? Now let’s begin.
phh’s SuperUser Download Directly
Root Huawei Mate 9
- Copy phhs-superuser-r275.zip you downloaded to your external SD card of Mate 9
- Boot your Mate 9 into Recovery mode, for this, please first Power Off your phone, then Power On by pressing and holding down the Power, Volume Up and Volume Down button at the same time
- Install phhs-superuser-r275.zip you copied
- Unzip phhs_material_Superuser_2.0_Beta_9.zip you downloaded, you will get an APK file named Superuser_2.0_Beta_9.apk
- Copy Superuser_2.0_Beta_9.apk you unzipped to your Mate 9
- Normally install APK file Superuser_2.0_Beta_9.apk
- You have a rooted Huawei Mate 9
Enjoy your Huawei Mate 9 with a rooted permission!