(OTA ZIP Download) Huawei Watch getting MEC23L Android Wear 1.4 firmware update
Oh, how you crave the latest Android Wear update to land in your Huawei smart watch! Well, it is not expected in the near future. And what might this mean? Yum! There were some sweet moments that I really must divulge right at this time. The latest Android Wear 1.4 (or Android 6.0 Marshmallow if you want to call it that) is now being released to the Huawei Watch.
The update will gives you a new build number MEC23L. This is a very important update, which includes new Do Not Disturb, Enable the Speaker, and more.
The OTA is now rolling out, but if you love playing with your smart watch, you may be thinking it would be fun to flash a local OTA ZIP firmware package yourself. If so, you can get the official OTA ZIP file from below link.
OTA ZIPs Download Directly
If you are unsure how to flash the above file, review the following guide.
Simply Install Guide (Windows)
- Make you have a working Android ADB on your computer
- Copy OTA ZIP firmware file that you downloaded to the default directory of Android ADB
- Make sure your Huawei Watch is the full unedited
- Please enable USB Debugging on your Huawei Watch
- Connect your Huawei Watch to your computer
- Open CMD window
- Make sure the default directory path of CMD window is the default directory of Android ADB, if not, please use CD command to change it
- Enter command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Your smart watch will boot into bootloader mode
- Select reboot recovery
- Your smart watch will boot into recovery mode
- Select apply update from adb
- Enter command:
adb sideload 438235861a251142106bc7b2b9489d5feb866b47.signed-sturgeon-MEC23L-from-LCB43B.zip
- Wait for the flashing process to complete