Install TWRP 3.0 for Exynos version of Galaxy S7, including G930F, G930FD, G930X, G930S, G930W8
This is the latest TWRP Recovery with version number 3.0 for your Samsung Galaxy S7. And yet for all that, we must ensure that we have a compatible model number for our Galaxy S7. On this your Galaxy S7 should be powered by Samsung own SoC generally called Exynos. If you have any specific problems and difficulties, you can get directly the relevant model number have been supported shown in the below:
Looking further ahead, G930F, G930FD and G930X are model number for international Galaxy S7, G930S is for Korea variant, G930W8 is for Canada variant.
Well, are you ready?
TWRPs Download Directly
As I mentioned, the TWRP recovery is currently version 3.0, so you can get the flashable TAR package called twrp-3.0.0-0-herolte.img.tar.
As you know, the file you got is a TAR package in format. Yes, we can install it by using Odin over a windows computer.
Install TAR Package By Using Odin
Odin Download Directly
While you can get a detailed guide from the above link, there is also a simple installation guide for you, so that you can not jump to another page if you have experience with TAR installation.
Simple Installation Guide
- Enable Developer options and USB debugging on your Galaxy S7
- Enable OEM unlock on your Galaxy S7
- Please make sure you have installed Samsung Android USB Driver on your computer
- Unzip the Odin tool you downloaded, then double click on exe file to run it
- Reboot your Galaxy S7 to Odin or Download mode, if you don’t know how to do this, please refer to this guide
- On Odin, click on AP to select TWRP TAR file you downloaded
- Please don’t change any other options, click on Start to install TWRP Recovery to your Galaxy S7
- Pressing and holding down Volume Up key and Home key near the end of the installation until your Galaxy S7 boot to Recovery mode
By the time, the TWRP Recovery has been installed on your Galaxy S7, but this is not all, because your phone won’t in fact boot to system normally. Barring unanticipated circumstances, you will get a prompt information prompting you to allow or reject system modifications, confirm it, then you will get dm-verity, on this you need to root your Galaxy S7 or flash a dm-verity patching file, otherwise you can not normally reboot your Galax S7.
(Options 1) Root Galaxy S7
(Options 2) Flash dm-verity Patching File
At this point, if you just want to normally reboot your Galaxy S7 to system, you should normally only flash a dm-verity patching file, you can get it from here that called no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip.
- Transfer directly the dm-verity patching ZIP file you downloaded to your Galaxy S7 through MTP without leaving TWRP Recovery mode
- From TWRP Recovery mode, Install the dm-verity patching ZIP file your transferred
- Once the installation process is finished, reboot your Galaxy S7 by going to Reboot and System
- Please wait for the rebooting is fully completed, it takes about 10 minutes, so please be patient and wait
About TWRP 3.0 For Galaxy S7
- Supports for MTP, USB Mass Storage, micro SD Card, USB OTG Storage
- Supports for f2fs, exFAT and NTFS file system
- Supports for ADB root
- Doesn’t supports for Samsung encryption
Congratulations to you!