Huawei Mate 9 install an unofficial TWRP Recovery 3.0.2
As an Android user, most of us will have done customization at some point, many of us still do, such as flash a custom Rom. And you know, to customize your Android device better, we need a custom recovery, on this TWRP is often a great solution.
Here we’re talking about TWRP of Huawei Mate 9. Thanks XDA recognized contributor, an unofficial TWRP Recovery is now available for your Huawei Mate 9.
According to the original author, this is a TWRP Recovery 3.0.2, it has been confirmed on model MHA-L29 with support for Dual SIM. While this recovery might apply to almost all of the Huawei Mate 9 models (MHA-L29, MHA-L09, MHA-AL00 and MHA-TL01), we need to tread carefully.
Now, you plan to install this TWRP Recovery 3.0.2 on your Huawei Mate 9? First you need to download the TWRP file, you can get it from the TWRP Recovery Download section.
TWRP Recovery Download
Install TWRP On Huawei Mate 9
- Unzip Mate 9 TWRP 3.0.2-1-hi3660.zip you downloaded, and you will get an IMG file named the twrp-3.0.2-1-hi3660.img
- Please make sure you configured ADB on your computer
- Please unlock bootloader, please kindly note that you need to enable OEM unlock before you do
- Copy TWRP file twrp-3.0.2-1-hi3660.img to the folder where your ADB is configured
- Power Off your Mate 9
- Power On your Mate 9 by pressing and holding down the Power and Volume Down button at the same time
- Please release buttons when the device boots into Bootloader or Download mode
- Please connect your Mate 9 to computer with a USB
- Open the command prompt window, and type and run the command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-hi3660.img
- The installation process will begin automatically
- Once the installation is completed, please reboot your Mate 9 by typing and running the command:
- Now you have installed the TWRP Recovery 3.0.2 on your Huawei Mate 9
If you want to boot your Huawei Mate 9 into Recovery mode, please first Power Off your phone, then Power On by pressing and holding down the Power, Volume Up and Volume Down button at the same time.