(FTF Download) Sony has released Android N Developer Preview NPC91K for Xperia Z3
Hi, you own a Sony Xperia Z3? Now go and see quickly what your model number is. D6603 or D6653? Oh, celebrate the phone, you can flash the Android N Developer Preview to your Xperia Z3. What? Really? Are you kidding?
Well, thanks Sony, thanks Google, Xperia Z3 become the first non-Google co-branded device to get the Android N Developer Preview on this.
The new Android N Developer Preview brings new build number NPC91K. 100060 for your Xperia Z3 D6603 or D6653. The update came along with a lot of improvements from Android N like Multi Window, Bundled Notifications, Directly Reply Notifications and more.
According to the Sony, the Xperia Z3 D6603 and D6653 users can flash the Android N Developer Preview by using Xperia Companion just following these steps:
- Open Xperia Companion on your computer
- Connect your Xperia Z3 D6603 or D6653
- Make sure your Xperia Z3 can be recognized by Xperia Companion on your computer
- Please holding down the Alt key on your computer and click on Software repair on the home screen of Xperia Companion, then follow the guide
- Please disconnect your Xperia Z3 when you get asking, then Power Off your phone
- Then reconnect your Xperia Z3 whilst holding down the Volume Down key
- The flashing process will start
But even if you can not get the latest Android N Developer Preview version from Xperia Companion on your computer, don’t worry, here is the local FTF firmware package.
FTFs Download Directly
- D6603_Android_N_Preview_NPC91K.ftf (Sony Xperia Z3 D6603)
As usual, you can easily flash the above FTF firmware file by using Xperia Flashtool.
Xperia Flash Tool Download
We can go Android N, and want a try?
Well, if the day that you find the developer firmware version is unsuitable, you can try to go back to the latest Android Marshmallow:
- (FTF Download) Sony officially released Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update with build 23.5.A.0.570 to Xperia Z2, Z3 and Z3 Compact
Have a nice weekend!