Flash the official TWRP Recovery 3.0.3 to your OnePlus 3T
For most OnePlus 3T owners, TWRP Recovery is not unfamiliar. For those who are unaware of TWRP explanation, TWRP is a custom recovery project of Android platform. The full name of TWRP is Team Win Recovery Project. By using TWRP, you can easily flash a custom Rom, Mod or rooting exploit to your Android device. TWRP offers a good deal more functionality than this article could touch, for example, data formatting and backup/restore. Any way, TWRP is an excellent assistant for Android owners.
If you follow me, you should know that actually we can easily flash TWRP Recovery to our OnePlus 3T by using the OnePlus 3T ToolKit reported just yesterday. However, if you’d like to use the command prompt, singly flash official TWRP image is a wonderful thing.
As I write this article, the official TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 3T is version 3.0.3. So, in this article, we will learn how to use the command prompt to flash the official TWRP Recovery 3.0.3 to OnePlus 3T.
Do not get sidetracked form studying, let’s begin now.
TWRP Recovery Download Directly
As noted above, currently the latest TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 3T is 3.0.3, the latest IMG file you downloaded is twrp-3.0.3-0-oneplus3t.img.
Flash TWRP Recovery
- Make sure you have ADB installed on your computer
- Copy the TWRP IMG file twrp-3.0.3-0-oneplus3t.img you downloaded to your ADB directory
- Please enable OEM unlock on your OnePlus 3T
- Please enable Advanced reboot option by going to Settings, Developer options on your OnePlus 3T
- Turn Off your OnePlus 3T
- Reboot your OnePlus 3T by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons
- Your OnePlus 3T is now in Fastboot mode
- Connect your OnePlus 3T to computer with an USB cable
- Open a Command Prompt window, type and run command:
fastboot oem unlock
- Your OnePlus 3T is now starting to unlock Bootloader
- Once Bootloader unlocking is finished, please flash TWRP IMG by typing and running commands:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.3-0-oneplus3t.img fastboot boot twrp-3.0.3-0-oneplus3t.img
- At this time, you will see a popup window asking you whether or not you allow system modifications, please confirm it
- Now you will active dm-verity, please transfer the dm-verity file no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.0.zip (As you see currently version is 5.0) to your OnePlus 3T over MTP while your phone is in TWRP Recovery mode
- Install the dm-verity file no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.0.zip
- Reboot your OnePlus 3T by Reboot, System in TWRP Recovery mode
If all things go well, the success of taste congratulations!
By the way, you can now check for the latest TWRP Recovery version by using the official TWRP application released three days ago.