(Factory Images Download) Google April 2016 security update with build MHC19Q, MMB29X, LMY49J
The start of a new month means it’s time once again for the Android Security Patch update. Google has started to roll out April 2016 security update for their Nexus family as part of its Android Security Bulletin Monthly release process.
As always, Google has released the official factory images to its server for the most of the Nexus devices. Once you updated your device, the security patch level will be moved to April 02, 2016 or later.
The update brings new build number including MHC19Q, MMB29X, LMY49J, and more. It depends on your device that you are using.
Factory Images Download Directly
- angler-mhc19q-factory-f5a4e7a1.tgz ("angler" for Nexus 6P)
- bullhead-mhc19q-factory-22ba5e5a.tgz ("bullhead" for Nexus 5X)
- shamu-mmb29x-factory-ef4cbb75.tgz ("shamu" for Nexus 6)
- volantisg-mmb29x-factory-22bd48c1.tgz ("volantisg" for Nexus 9 LTE)
- hammerhead-mmb29x-factory-c6109f15.tgz ("hammerhead" for Nexus 5)
- razorg-mmb29x-factory-b10126ce.tgz ("razorg" for Nexus 7 2013 Mobile)
- mantaray-lmy49j-factory-7887b439.tgz ("mantaray" for Nexus 10)
All builds are Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow version but build LMY49J for Nexus 10 is Android 5.1.1 Lollipop version.
You can simply update April 2016 security update by manually flashing the above stock image:
However, you need to unlock your bootloader before flash. On this, you can wait for the official OTA pushing if you don’t want to unlock bootloader.