A custom CM14 Rom brings the latest Android 7.0 Nougat for Redmi 1S
Now let we flash the latest Android 7.0 Nougat version to Redmi 1S. That might see like an obviously good choice, but it is a crazy idea, right? However, I am delighted to tell you that you can implement this crazy idea.
We must say thanks to XDA senior member GuneetAtwal, he created a custom CyanogenMod 14.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat to make your idea real.
According to the original developer, the Rom is still in the early stages. In other words, it is not a stable release at this moment, such as Camera is not working. Of course, the developer will continual fix and improve it. So far there are many features that can be used, which include Call, SMS, GPS, Audio, Video Playback, Wi-Fi network, Bluetooth connection, and more.
Any way, if you’d like to try your hand on Android 7.0 Nougat for your Redmi 1S, there are some useful data, please read following content carefully.
ROMs Download Directly
- cm-14.0-20160922-UNOFFICIAL-armani.zip (Up to now, last updated on 22 September, 2016)
To properly flash the above Rom file, you need to flash a basic firmware first. About this, the developer also provides it for you.
Basic Firmware Download Directly
- CM-14 Firmware-Sep19.zip (Up to now, last updated on 19 September, 2016)
And also, if you need to use plenty of Google services, as you know, most of us need Google services, then Open GApps is obviously the best option.
- Copy Rom, Basic Firmware and GApps ZIP files to your internal SD storage
- Boot your Redmi 1S into a custom recovery mode. On this, I strongly encourage you to use TWRP, you can get it from the below link on the Redmi TWRP Download section
- Backup your current Rom
- Flash the Basic Firmware
- Reboot the phone into recovery mode
- Do a complete cleanup job. If you are using TWRP, this is usually easy to accomplish by going to Wipe, Advance wipe, then select all options like system, data, dalvik cache, cache
- Flash Rom
- Do a simple cleanup job for dalvik cache and cache
- Flash GApps
- Do a simple cleanup job for dalvik cache and cache again
- Reboot your phone
Redmi TWRP Download
- twrp-3.0.2-0-armani.img (Latest version)